Hi all,

after migrating from Struts 2.3.24.1 to 2.3.28, I get several FreeMarker
template errors for missing/null elements for expressions that worked
fine before, like this:

> FreeMarker template error
>
> The following has evaluated to null or missing:
> ==> iPhone  [in template "..." at line X, column Y]

What the problematic expressions have in common is that the Java methods
they refer to have camel case names with (at least?) two consecutive
upper case letters, as in "isIPhone". This seems to be mapped in a
different way with Struts 2.3.28 than it has been before. (See below for
two examples of the different mapping behaviour in Struts 2.3.24.1 and
2.3.28).

My question is: Is this a bug? Or is this something that was introduced
intentionally to comply with some standard or convention?

Examples for Freemarker expression evaluation

==> iPhone (Method name: isIPhone)

Expr.   | 2.3.24.1      | 2.3.28
iPhone  | OK            | error
IPhone  | OK            | OK

==> hCardElements (getHCardElements)

Expression      | 2.3.24.1      | 2.3.28
hCardElements   | OK            | error
HCardElements   | OK            | OK

TIA
Markus