> On 11 Sep 2017, at 15:13, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org> wrote:

>> (Indirectly) from a JSP. This is “furniture” on the web page.
>>
>> Each action has an “ActionPropertyKey” annotated on it. Each Action inherits
>> from a base class that has a getActionTitle() method on it.
>>
>> JSP furniture calls getActionTitle() which extracts the Action-specific
>> property key, appends “.title” and then looks for the appropriate string
>> from a properties file. It’s in there that the getText() call gets hit.
>
> Strange, this should work. Do you request such JSPs via action or directly?

And it *did* work until I upgraded to 2.5.13 :(

Not *quite* sure what you’re asking with regard to the request and JSPs bit,
but I’ll try to describe:

applicationContext.xml configures (amongst other things) an Action class that
acts as the top-level of the app. This page lists some introductory text and a
series of options that are configured in that Spring <bean> declaration. Each
one of the options effectively declares a different “namespace” that the app
will run under. You can think of it as something like a list of towns, where
clicking on any of the town options will take you to the same app interface,
but with data that pertains just to that town.

The rest of the Actions are then configured in struts.xml.

Each action returns a result string which is mapped to a JSP in the struts.xml
config file, so I think the answer to your question is “via action” but please
clarify if I’ve misinterpreted.

Later,

Andy

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.