I was able to replicate the issue today. Asked few users to keep logging in and
ran jmeter to access login page, with out putting any username or password. Out
of the 100 attempts 2 attempts were
successful in getting in with out username/password. I am seeing database login
entries for these two. Which would happen only if a valid session is not
present and user has provided username/password.

Thanks,
Prasanth