We use the path as / for the cookie path that allows the session to be shared
between context1 and context2. The JSESSIONID also remains the same when the
request is forwarded.

Martin asked me if we the action is session aware. It was not implementing
SessionAware interface even though session was accessed (using
request.getSession()). Artifact of code from struts1, that
part of the code did not change when we move the action to struts2. So decided
to change it and use the session map provided by struts2. Once I have added
SessionAware I am not able to reproduce the
session invalid exception, did not have a problem reproducing the issue before.
Is this expected?

Thanks,
Prasanth