You’d need to create a variation of one of the PoCs, you can likely search
around for one. That said—I don’t see how S1 could be vulnerable since it’s
a completely different mechanism. In general, no S2 vulnerabilities will
apply to S1 *ever* unless it’s explicitly related to a dependent
library—there’s no real relationship between S1 and S2.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 15:39 Rayne Anderson <ray...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> You are probably correct on due to the different frameworks.  If I do need
>
> to test Struts v1 where do I obtain the test instructions from?  I could
>
> not find them when searching earlier.
>

> Regards, Rayne
>

> IBM Watson Financial Services
>
> 10925 David Taylor Drive
>
> Charlotte, NC 28262-1040, US
>
> MG82/202
>
> (704) 501-0331
>

> From:   Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>

> Date:   08/21/2020 05:57 AM
>
> Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: CVE-2019-0233 is Struts v1 vulnerable?
>

> pt., 21 sie 2020 o 11:30 Rayne Anderson <ray...@us.ibm.com> napisał(a):
>

> > I know that Apache Struts File upload CVE-2019-0233 applies to Struts
>
> v2.
>
> > Does the CVE apply to Struts v1.3.8?
>

> I would say no as these are totally different frameworks but we didn't
>
> test Struts 1.3.8 against this vulnerability as Struts 1 has reached
>
> End-of-Life a few years ago.
>

> Regards
>
> --
>
> Łukasz