Sounds like you need one more request parameter to distinguish between
the a new request and a request coming after finishing an action.

Token processing might be a good option which prevents the user from
book marking.

Do a saveToken() in the AnnuityAction.
If the previous and next are form "submit"'s rather than "links" then
the "token" is automatically put as a hidden parameter if you use
"<html:form/>" tag; otherwise you have to take the burden of tacking
on that token as a request parameter.

In the validate method; check for the validity of the token.
(isTokenValid() is available in the org.apache.struts.action.Action).
Since you are checking it from the form; you don't have that utility
method available. Nevertheless, it's simple to check. Just compare the
value of the token that's coming in the request to that of the value
in the session; if they match; don't do the validation