The primary purpose of storing JSP's under WEB-INF/ is to prevent user
to access them directly instead of going to an Action which might be
setting something which is required for the workflow, Authentication,
Authorization etc. which avoids putting that sort of logic in the JSP
itself.  I don't see any reason why we shouldn't allow direct access
to the css, js, image files. So, I think it's better to leave them
(js, css, images) outside of the webapp.

If you still want to have everything inside WEB-INF/ here is a an example
http://www.michaelmcgrady.com/eschew_url.jsp