I do this sort of thing:

<%@   taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core";
%><%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt";
%><%@ taglib prefix="fn" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions";
%>

So that there are no blank lines for those parts.

also for tomcat 5.5 (not sure when it was added) there is an option in the default web.xml

<!-- trimSpaces Should white spaces in template text between -->
<!-- actions or directives be trimmed? [false] -->

Which gets rid of whitespace when it compiles the JSP page.

Eain Mat wrote:

let say I included some tag library in my jsp and everytime, I have a blank
line in my source, I will have a blank line in response too. Is there way to
strip off or filter out those blankline.
Eain

-- Jason Lea

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.1 - Release Date: 2005.03.23