Sorry, have I missed something - where is the need to rewrite the URL
yourself? Java/Struts session management uses a cookie, when supported by
the browser, otherwise a jsession id is appended to the URL and this is done
automatically with the need to manually rewrite the URL yourself (thank
goodness!)

For the different implementation methods, this has been covered before -

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg24504.html

This used to be in the Struts FAQ I think.

Andy.