Hi,

Are you saying that Bean should not extend Object?

No, I'm saying that that getClass() shouldn't be handled as a getter for beans. Actually I'm saying this but I'm not really sure of it that's why I asked :-)

I had some code which get the properties of a bean, but I explicitly checked that
the properties are not comming from java.lang.Object.
Now I switched to Commons Beanutils, and I learned that they consider the Object.getClass() a getter ==> you will have a class property in all of your beans cause every Java class extends java.lang.Object.

Now I am not sure that class should be considered a property of every bean or not.
That's why I asked you guys ... ;-)

Tamas