Paul Moody wrote:

I think you will need to use the property attribute,
example:

alt="Create a pdf file"/>

You can put a String docType property in your form and
examine it in the action to see what the user pressed.

As an aside, in my experience this becomes a bit more
complicated in a multilingual application where the
value of the button changes depending upon the user's
language.

You can use different properties for the different doc types.

alt="Create a pdf file"/>

Then you have to check only which property is set ...

Tamas

Paul Moody

--- Thomas Sundberg
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

I have a form where a user should be able to request
a report. The user
enters two dates and then presses either a button
labeled pdf, html och csv.
How can I read in my action which button was
pressed?

My form looks something like this:

The button part of my form looks something like
this:

              alt="Create a pdf file"/>
              alt="View report as html online"/>
              alt="Create a tab separated text file
for import in Excel"/>

I haven't seen any good examples when looking in the
docs and searching the
web. I assume I wan't to add something to the
html:submit, perhaps use the
property tag(?), or can I be able to read the value
of the button pressed?
How do I read the value in my action?

/Thomas

[EMAIL PROTECTED]