Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

Tamas Szabo wrote:

For example Frank's JWP would be a great place to include these filters, if he accepted to include
them in his project.

I would absolutely accept them, so long as they work :) And frankly, right now I'm trying to figure out why my formerly working version of the session limiting stuff isn't working any longer, so I'd be even MORE inclined to accept them now :)

Did you made the modification I suggested?
I mean not continuing the chain if a sessionCount = MAX_SESSIONS.
Or you didn't find that a good idea?

The session timeout filter I'm not as sure about only because it seems redundant... isn't there a way to do that already built in to the spec? Weird... I'm looking at a web.xml reference right now and I don't see anything that allows you to set a page to redirect to when a session times out... can that really be the case? You CAN redirect to a specific page based on an HTTP error code, do you maybe get a specific code when a session times out?

I don't think that you will find something like that.
I think that there is no way to do that.

If there isn't a way to do this, then yeah, such a filter would be an excellent (and one would think easy!) addition.

In any case, feel perfectly free to lob any additions to JWP you like my way. There's no way in the world I can do it all alone :)

Sorry, but there is a home page of the project?
I haven't seen the code yet. Could you give me the link?

Thanks,
Tamas