Dave wrote :
As a followup, you may want to consider switching to JSTL for straight-forward tasks such as this: where functionality is duplicated between the Struts tags and JSTL it's generally recommended to go the JSTL route. It's a trivial switch to make, and can be done mechanically in most cases.
I totally agree with this statement. In addition of being a way to get more "genericity" in the JSP, it is (IMO) quite more coherent. What I really dislike with struts tags is that attributes don't always mean the same thing from tag to tag, which is disturbing. I'm mainly thinking of the "name" and "property", and ".*Name" attributes too.

--
Stéphane ZUCKERMAN