You can always get from where the request is coming from by getting the
Referer from the Request.
String referer = request.getHeader("REFERER");

I'm not sure that this is want you want. You must beware that the referrer
can be blank when typing in the URL in the browser, plus the consequences
of the ActionForm.validate() and errors.

HTH,
Glenn

Tremal Naik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
07/09/2005 12:22 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Forwarding to the previous page

2005/9/7, Duane Rosengartner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> This works very well for me.
>
>  <a class="button" href="javascript:history.back()">Back</a>

aehm,probabily I didn't explain well my problem: I don't have to get
back to the previous page from the actual. Look at this code:

public class DisplayAboutAction extends Action
{
    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping actionMapping,
ActionForm actionForm,
            HttpServletRequest httpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse
httpServletResponse)
    {
        // do stuff.....
        ActionForward af = new ActionForward();
        af.setPath(previousPagePath);
        return af;

I need to get a value for 'previousPagePath'.

I'm trying something like :

<bean:page id="reqq" property="request" />
paramProperty="servletPath">

but I'm using Tiles, so what I have as 'old_page' parameter is not the
action 'previous.do' but '/jsplayout.jsp' instead

thanks,

TREMALNAIK