On 9/14/05, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's generally something to avoid because you may at some point change
> the order of your forms and then find that your code no longer works.
> Think of what happens if you put a form before this one later... now the
> form you want is actually form[1], and things break until you find and
> change all the code.

So the whole decission comes down to:
If I think that it's more likely that the name of the form will change in
the action mapping(struts-config) than someone will add a new form
to the jsp (before my form and without observing that I have javascript
functions which rely on the position of the forms in the page) then I
would use forms[0].
Otherwise I would reference the form by its name.
Is this correct?

Isn't there a struts tag which for a given action path it gives me the
name of the associated form?

Thanks,
Tamas