The <html:select> tag has an attribute value.
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-html.html#select
The value to compare with for marking an option selected. [RT Expr]

HTH,
Glenn

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
27/09/2005 12:08 PM
Please respond to

<user@struts.apache.org>
cc

Subject
using html:option tag

Hi All,

I am using the html option tag embedded within the html select tag to
select a value from a drop down list as follows:

This works fine and I can save the correct value to the database.  The
question I have is how do I display the same option tag when updating
the user and the details are returned from a database.  So in plain
English after the user has saved the client to the db he then wants to
update the record.  A search is done but how do I display on the JSP
page the selected option with the option of seleting something else from
the drop down list.

Thanks in advance