Ronald Holshausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/07/2005 05:03:23 AM:

> Hmm, I have used the 1.1_01 and the messages definitly work. Does your
> bean extend the abstract one from shale (AbstractFacesBean)? Or is the
> error method one you wrote?

Thanks for your note Ronald. My bean extends AbstractViewController and so
it's defintely using shale's AbstractFacesBean's error method. If this is
working well for you it's doubtless something wrong I'm doing; though I
really cannot figure out what since I am seemingly setting the error
message and rightwaay checking for it using getClientIdsWithMessages (both
in the same bean - so there's no question of config problems or issues
with my jsp..)

Hmm.. ok, can you easily throw in this code:
Iterator itt =
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getClientIdsWithMessages();
                                while (itt.hasNext()) {
                                        System.out.println("nextOne is: "
+ itt.next());
                                }
right after you set your error message in your bean and see if you get
anything..? I am wondering now if there's something off with
getClientIdsWithMessages()... in that case, there must be something wrong
elsewhere in my code..

Thank you for your time and patience!
Geeta