On 11/15/05, pc leung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd like to give it try. But in the documentation web page of shale,
> there is no installation guide. I do not know how to install it. It
> contains api only. Any installation guide or tutorial of using shale
> with myfaces?
>
> Moreover, in the shale-framework, it has a struts-shale-usecases.war.
> I put it in tomcat webapps. It explodes as it should be.
<snip/>

I use that as a benchmark Shale webapp example. As with many web
technologies, the "installation" is a matter of having the appropriate
archives in the application classpath, with a couple of changes to the
web application descriptor, and additional configuration files (such
as clay-config's or dialig-config's depending on what features you're
using). I find my way around by looking at the usecases war. Ofcourse,
I don't mean to undermine the utility of detailed guides or tutorials,
I think your observations are valid.

> To my
> surprise, I find many files with jsp extensions such validator,
> subviews, profile, lookup,...
> I wonder if JSF file does not need to have .jsf as file extension?

<snap/>

In fact the DEFAULT_SUFFIX for faces ViewHandler's is .jsp. Some
containers require additional configuration to process .jsf files as
.jsp, so this tends to work well.

-Rahul