Nobody knows the answer to this trivial question?

Thanks

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gaet
  Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:08 AM
  Subject: <bean:define> and its behaviour....

  Hi,

  I'm sure this question is easy to answer for much of yours but I cannot
  figure out the following behaviour :

          <bean:define id="myVar" value=""/>
          <% myVar = "content"; %>

          <logic:notEmpty name="myVar">
                  <% System.out.println("myVar is NOT EMPTY"); %>
          </logic:notEmpty>

          <logic:empty name="myVar">
                  <% System.out.println("myVar is EMPTY"); %>
          </logic:empty>

  The following snippet writes "myVar is EMPTY" on standard output, why?
  What I have to write to have "myVar is NOT EMPTY"?

  Thanks very much for your help