On 11/21/05, Garner, Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I try to edit my JSP in Eclipse 3.1.1 WTP (Web Tools Project) however I get
> errors on variables defined by ID tags for example:
>
> <snip>
>
> <bean:define id="myValue1" type="String"/>
> <bean:define id="myValue2" type="String"/>
>
> <%=(myValue1 + "-" myValue2)%>
>
> </snip>
>
> The above snip of code will result in Eclipse telling me that "myValue1
> cannot be resolved" and "myValue2 cannot be resolved".
>
> However the page compiles fine and works fine in the web application.
> Does anyone know how to avoid getting these error messages while still
> getting other JSP errors?
>
> It's a nice tool but I get tired of all the errors that aren't errors.  I
> tried opening a bug on Eclipse WTP Bugzilla but they listed as fixed and it
> is not as far as I could tell.  I tried emailing the person who fixed it but
> they never responded.

<snip/>

<OT>
I'd be interested in knowing how they fixed it, in case you ever find
out. This seems to be a tough one for tooling, unless it identifies
Struts taglibs individually and incorporates exceptions to the markup
validators hooked to the JSP editor.

Another thread running in parallel [1] clarifies the reason why this
may get tricky for the tooling stack.
</OT>

-Rahul

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=113256415823693&w=2