On 3/26/06, Ahmed Hashim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> <%
>     java.util.HashMap rawSourceMap=new java.util.HashMap();
>     rawSourceMap.put("id", "123");
>     rawSourceMap.put("name", "ahmed");
>     pageContext.setAttribute("ourrefLink",rawSourceMap);
> %>

> <bean:message bundle="job" key="job.joblist.button1" />
>
> I want to replace the scriptlet with a <bean:define /> tag but I don't know
> how will i add the values to the hash map.
> I want to avoid using scriptlet.]

To be honest I haven't used the bean tag lib for years.. So i dont
know how to do what you need with bean define. But you could do this
in the refering action, I think the following jstl could also work (if
you try let me know if it does or not).

<jsp:useBean id="rawSourceMap" class="java.util.HashMap" />
<c:set target="${rawSourceMap}" property="id" value="123" />
<c:set target="${rawSourceMap}" property="name" value="ahmed" />

Mark