Hi Tom!

On 3/28/06, Tom Ziemer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Tamas!
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot include my base-jar in both projects, because I
> am using Hibernate, which heavily uses caching. Therefore, updates that
> are performed by web services are not visible on the web. Having two
> versions of a hibernate app accessing the same db is not a good thing to
> do (concurrency!).
> This is exactly the issue that made me look at JMS/SOAP/RMI/etc. If you
> have any idea, how to circumvent this problem, I'd be more that happy to
> stick with the single-JVM-approach.

Hibernate has pluggable caching. So you can use distributed caching if that
is the only
concern that you have. For example check out SwarmCache or just google on
Hibernate distributed caching.

However, I haven't used it cause we haven't used caching (Hibernate didn't
had exclusive access to the database)

By the way if you decide to go for more JVMs, I would probably use RMI. I
would also have a look at Spring's support for remoting because I think you
can expose your managed beans easily.

I wouldn't use SOAP, it's big strength is that is HTTP based so it can be
used by the majority of the clients (isn't blocked by firewalls).
And I would choose RMI over CORBA if there are only Java applications
involved.

This is only my preference list of course try to get as much oppinions as
you can ;-)

Tamas

Regards,