Hi:
When I use the commonsValidator for required on the client side, the name of
the component
is not being picked up and the alert says "null is required". This happens with
both h:inputText
and h:selectOneListbox, the only two I have tried.

<h:inputText id="s_id"  size="16" value="#{su_menu.s_id}">
        <s:commonsValidator type="required" server="true" client="true" />
</h:inputText>
function required() { this[0] = new Array("su_menu:pi", "null is required.", new Function("x", "return {}[x];"));
}

The server side validation works fine.
I have added the onsubmit and validatorScript as suggested in the web page.

Am I missing something obvious, like some library?
Thanks in advance.

mas