Hi christophe;
If you want, you can use FormView, to manage your render of
your fields which have error. See
http://formview.sourceforge.net/errors.html
FormView is able to manage a behaviour (READ-ONLY, INVISIBLE,ERROR,...)
for each fields of your form. It can be plugged with validator to manage
error
and renderer (eg : add automaticly attribute maxlength (if your field
is maxlength) , calendar.gif (if field is date),...

Regards
Angelo