Use expression language available in jsp 2.0:

Pankaj Gupta wrote:
I dont think CSS can work in this case as the CSS would be static. I want to display color of the font based on the value of severity of message i.e. if the message is critical it should be displayed in red, info in blue, etc. i.e. It would depend on the value of a form bean property.

Li wrote:
why not use CSS?