On 11/29/06, Yujun Liang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To solve the action chaining problem, I wrote a subclass of
RequestProcessor. In the subclass, override some templates method. In the
last method of process(), I set a flag in request, and I check for this flag
in some methods and if the flag is there, it means it is the chained action
and the processor will skip those template methods.

This is an approach that I've been using for quite a while, before I
switched to redirection. I think this feature can be included into
future releases of Struts 1.x.