On 2/9/07, Nathan Coast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I have two fields in a form.  I believe the validwhen rule executes a
specific rule (e.g. required) on field a based upon the value of field
b.  The situation I have is that I need to execute different validations
on field a determined by the value of field b.

Yes - theres a validwhen example page in the struts-examples webapp in
the binary distro (see the validation module).

Is this possible client side with the latest validator framework
(1.3.1)? or will I have to implement this functionality in the validate
method of the form (server side)?

validwhen is server side only.

Its also a custom Struts validator - not part of Commons Validator so
in that respect the version of Commons Validator is not relevant.

Niall

cheers
Nathan