I am browsing through the "struts2 showcase" and have the need to
reproduce the type of Tree Example that exists under the "tags->ui
tags example -> tree example dynamic".

All makes good sense, but I am confused on how it works. How does dojo
fit into the picture, and how could I put logic on the "branches" and
"leafs" so I can fire off different events.

I did look into the dojo site, but the docs are extensive.

Does anyone on this list have any idea how I could override the JS
events on this type of tree, or possibly tell me where good docs exist
for this.

Sincerely