Am Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2007 schrieb Ian Roughley:
> You probably don't need to send it to an action, you just need to render
> the HTML form for authentication.  So, login.jsp would suffice.  As far
> as s2 is concerned, authentication is completely external.  The role
> interceptor just uses the HttpServletRequest to obtain the roles that
> the current user is logged in under.

If security is completely external, what is the Interceptor for? Defining a
SecurityConstraint in the web.xml file will prevent unauthorized access as
well, wouldnt it? (It seems to be the wrong way to me - I define the actions
in struts.xml, I do not see the point to include them in web.xml as well for
security)

But the interceptor just responds a 403 if the user is not authoriuzed - is
there no possibility to present another action in this case (the login
form?).

Or do I misunderstand this whole thing completely?

----- code -----
    <security-constraint>
        <display-name>Constraint1</display-name>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>profile</web-resource-name>
            <description>change user profile</description>
            <url-pattern>/EditProfile_input.action</url-pattern>
            <http-method>GET</http-method>
            <http-method>POST</http-method>
            <http-method>HEAD</http-method>
            <http-method>PUT</http-method>