Ok, got the difference.

  Now being a new bie to AJAX, what are the best techiques that should be used
to design a well designed web app ?

  Again, my page has to show the new data thats being added to database.

  Frank told about creating a "timed AJAX event". Where can I get more details
regarding that ? Again will it be possible /scalable for 2000 concurrent users ?

  Thanks

Adam Ruggles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  The difference between using AJAX and just refreshing a page is a well
designed AJAX application sends over just the information that is
needed. For a JSP/HTML page refresh you're sending more data over the
line. The key here is a well designed AJAX application.