A couple of things you should be aware of is:

- You cannot use result types that require full control of the
response object (e.g. rendering PDFs, images, charts etc). To do that,
you must dispatch a request to a servlet instead.
- You should be aware of the lifecycle and the phases of a portlet,
and how they apply to links and forms in a Struts 2 portlet to avoid
weird state behaviour.
- You should be aware of portlet modes, and how they are mapped to
namespaces in the Struts 2 framework.
- You can't create your own links. You should only create links using
the form and url tags.
- Ajax have some limitations.
- You can't generate a complete HTML document, only what's between the

Otherwise, you should be able to build it as a normal Struts 2 app.

Nils-H