--- Leon Rosenberg wrote:
> Hmm, the OP said:
>> I am trying to find a best solution to prevent
>> Cross site scripting attacks.

Oops. Yep, I guess I latched on to the discussion
after the "but I need to allow markup" bit; sorry.

> Allowing the user to inject HTML markup in your
> pages is the road to hell anyway.

Yeah, it sucks, but sometimes it's a reality.

I've never (I think) needed to support more than the
obvious formatting tags; I just stripped out any
attributes and left only the tags.

Lately I had to support <div.../> tags but I only
allowed a single name or id attribute (and it's not
public-access anyway) and I may just switch over to
using something like Textile/etc. and not worry about
it at all.

> But hey, feel free to email me the urls of the sites
> which allow markup, we will find some "other" usage
> for them.

:p

d.