skillipedia wrote:

Hi all,

That's not the whole question.

I've been using only the controller + tiles of Struts for years and I
managed to create a big web site http://www.skillipedia.com Skillipedia . If I will be using Struts2 without using the tags <s:xxx>, do I still
need to the latest Struts.

If Struts 1 is working well for you, then there is no reason to move to Struts 2 unless you want to start taking advantage of features Struts 2 has and Struts 1 doesn't. Struts 1 isn't going away. I'm confident it will continue to be in use in any number of existing projects for years to come. It's still being actively developed and maintained, even now Struts 2 has been released as GA.

L.