Encoding set in:

JSP Page directive
Content inside Html Meta tag
And there is also a charsetFilter class used (see below)

Struts-config.xml contains:
===
<controller  contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"
processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor"/>
===

web.xml contains:
===
<filter>
<filter-name>Character Encoding</filter-name>
<filter-class>se.telia.kontaktamig.web.util.CharsetFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>Character Encoding</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<context-param>
<param-name>PARAMETER_ENCODING</param-name>
<param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
</context-param>
//To be used and loaded as a common property from within Java/JSP code
===

And beside those alreade mentioned, there's also som lines in
struts-html.tld:
<attribute>
<name>useLocalEncoding</name>
<required>false</required>
<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
</attribute>
for some tag elements (img, link and rewrite tags)

That's about it...

/Riffla