Dave Newton wrote:
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
when I stepped into the code, I found obj is of type
string !!!! So I assumed there's something wrong I
am
doing in passing the argument, or setting some variable ... or.... Here's where my problem IS.

You still haven't said if you'r running on a JSP 2.0
container, but what it looks like is happening is that
you *are* running on JSP 2.0 so JSP itself is
evaluating the EL you're passing in and the tag
expects to eval the EL itself.
Dave, thank you. I am using tomcat 6.0.2. and Jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.1.2

You could *try* just passing in "accountBean.invoices"
(rather than "${accountBean.invoices}") and see if
that works; I don't know if the taglib is expecting a
"complete" EL expression.

I tried this and it didn't work.

Now since it looks like I am running into compatibility issues, is there any alternative for this tag lib ? I need some thing very similar that provides paging and to be as easy an .net control components.
Does struts provides a similar components ?

Also bear in mind that it appears to be a sandbox
project and the latest build I saw was back in Aug
2006 and the only comment on the page is from 2004; it
may not be active, supported, or play nice with JSP
2.0.

d.