Yes, the JSON looks good.  For the 3, 4, backspace 3
it returns the identical data:

[
        ["NCAA BKBL ATLANTIC 10 CONF-EAST"],
        ["NCAA BKBL ATLANTIC COAST CONF"],
        ["NCAA BKBL BIG 10 CONF"],
        ["NCAA BKBL BIG 12 CONF"],
        ["NCAA BKBL BIG EAST CONF"],
        ["NCAA BKBL BIG SKY CONF"],
]

That trailing comma is not a problem, is it? (It is
there in the working and nonworking lookups.)

Thanks,

Scott