On Wednesday 11 April 2007 15:19:27 Frank Russo wrote:
> Actually, I disagree. JSF is a framework. I used MyFaces and their
> component library exclusively, without using Shale, Seam or anything
> else...

I used JSP and Servlets exclusively to build web apps years ago. JSP is no
framework for most people. But I do agree that JSF has some functionalities
where a webframework was needed before.

Maybe its just a question of what we call a "web framework". For me, it is
something like struts. There is no need to build another framework on top of
it. With JSF, things are different. There IS a need to build a web framework
on top of it (Seam, Shale, etc). At least for me it does not feel "complete"
enough to build my applications with it.

Craig said in another thread [1] at this list that "JSF focuses on the
component APIs and the foundations for application needs" and that
a "framework on top of JSF" is a reasonable thing for an application
developer to want.

Piero

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40struts.apache.org/msg53891.html