Yes I know we can do this,

but the argument is the previous struts ActionForm
sharing across many action classes is achieved by
ScopedModelDriven<T> in Struts 2.

Having session scoped beans as members in action
classes doesnt sound as a good MVC pattern to me.

If there is a infrastructure in place why should we
manuanlly do this session.setAttibute  etc.

I am bit confused.

Mine it works just that the values get reset all the
time eventhough in struts.xml state form as a session
scoped value.

I believe  ScopedModelDriven<T> is a cleaner approach
if it works,

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/ModelDriven.html

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/interceptor/ScopedModelDriven.html