Slattery, Tim - BLS wrote:
I found this to be a great tutorial
http://www.exadel.com/tutorial/struts/5.2/guess/strutstutorial.html

Create your formbean with public Accessors/Mutators for each private attribute and also create methods for reset method validateMethod and of course public no arg constructor for bean

in struts-config.xml configuration define the Bean <form-beans>
<form-bean name="NameOfBeanForm" type="package.NameOfBeanForm"/> </form-beans>

so later in your jsp you will be able to access the FormAttribute <html:html> <html:form action="PathForAction".. > <html:text property="AttributeFromForm"

Thanks, but I don't think that has anything to do with what's happening
here. This app works under WL8, and I'm having trouble getting it to
work in WL9. The problem right now is this <html:link...> tag, which
asks for a property named solicitationNumber in a bean named Contact.
It's not the form's default bean, the Action doesn't have any problem
getting its form bean. I've verified that it saves the proper bean in a
session attribute named "Contact". The tag says it can't find it. Dead
end.

Tim, have you tried examining the content of the session at JSP render time, either using the s:debug tag or some other custom tag or scriptlet, to confirm that the bean really got stored to the session under the name you think it did?

L.