Hey all

We just launched a webapp using Hibernate/Spring/S2. The architecture is
pretty standard with a DAO, Service and a Web layer. Our problem is that we
are receiving massive traffic which pretty much kills the application after
just a couple of seconds. I am guessing this is since our S2 architecture is
a bit fragile (we're all S2 newbies). What we have done is that we have a
superclass called "StrutsSupport" which implements SessionAware,
ParameterAware and ValidationAware. We then have all of our Struts action
classes subclass StrutsSupport. StrutsSupport is also declared in Spring as

<bean id="strutsSupport" class="com.myapp.web.struts.StrutsSupport"
scope="prototype">
                <property name="adminService" ref="adminService" />
                <property name="liveContentService" ref="liveContentService" />
                <property name="movieService" ref="movieService" />
                <property name="searchQueryService" ref="searchQueryService" />
                <property name="userService" ref="userService" />
</bean>

As you can see it contains all our service class references. Our service
classes in turn look like this:

<bean id="userService" class="com.myapp.service.impl.UserServiceImpl">
        <property name="newsletterSubscriberDao"
ref="newsletterSubscriberDao" />
        <property name="userDao" ref="userDao" />
        <property name="userMessageDao" ref="userMessageDao" />
        <property name="zipCodeDao" ref="zipCodeDao" />
</bean>

Can it be the StrutsSupport superclass which is causing all the problems?
Should it be configured another way?

Thanks!!