From: Al Sutton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 June 2007 11:32
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Wierd behaviour with redirect, result, and store interceptor

There is no validation or parameters for ActionA, but it does extend
ActionSupport. It gets a summary of all comments (via Hibernate) and creates
a Set which is iterated over in the JSP.

I'm not sure of the best way to disable just the validation interceptor,
have you got any suggestions?

I've looked through the s:debug result and theres nothing that jumps out as
wrong, the only hint I have is the exception thrown when the input result is
not found on Action A which is;

No result defined for action
net.enterprisedatasafe.servlets.restricted.EditGroups and result input -
action -
file:/Z:/Eclipse%20Workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/
tmp0/webapps/enterprise_data_safe/WEB-INF/classes/struts.xml:148:68
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:350)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:253)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(Validati
onInterceptor.java:150)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.do
Intercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:48)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Method
FilterInterceptor.java:86)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept(Con
versionErrorInterceptor.java:123)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(Parame
tersInterceptor.java:167)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Method
FilterInterceptor.java:86)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(St
aticParametersInterceptor.java:105)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(CheckboxInterce
ptor.java:83)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInt
erceptor.java:207)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(ModelDr
ivenInterceptor.java:74)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(S
copedModelDrivenInterceptor.java:127)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ProfilingActivationInterceptor.intercept(Prof
ilingActivationInterceptor.java:107)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.intercept(Debu
ggingInterceptor.java:206)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ChainingInterceptor.intercept(ChainingIn
terceptor.java:115)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(I18nIntercepto
r.java:143)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.PrepareInterceptor.doIntercept(PrepareIn
terceptor.java:121)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Method
FilterInterceptor.java:86)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ServletConfigInterceptor.intercept(ServletCon
figInterceptor.java:170)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.AliasInterceptor.intercept(AliasIntercep
tor.java:123)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(Ex
ceptionMappingInterceptor.java:176)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.MessageStoreInterceptor.intercept(MessageStor
eInterceptor.java:195)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:224)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionI
nvocation.java:223)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack
.java:455)
        at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocati
on.java:221)
        at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.execute(StrutsActionProxy.java:50)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:507)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.jav
a:421)
        at
FilterChain.java:215)
        at
ain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCle
anUp.java:99)
        at
FilterChain.java:215)
        at
ain.java:188)
        at
va:210)
        at
va:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)
        at
:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.jav
a:528)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWo
rkerThread.java:81)
        at
a:685)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)