Actually, I think this is a bug in the handling of MessageResources in
Struts 2.  Not only do ' characters in properties files fail to
display, they cause parameter substitution to fail.  For example, if
you have a properties file:

foo=Message's for {0}

and you attempt to display it in a jsp like so:

<s:text name="foo"><param name="value" value="${user.firstname}"></s:text>

the displayed text is

Messages for {0}

if you double the ' (foo=Messages''s for {0}) you get:

Messages for Josh

On 7/12/07, Antonio Petrelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2007/7/12, TonyD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks it works!

Mmm... this means that there's something wrong when you display the text.
I think that, before writing the string, you have to escape it.
How, and where, do you write the string?

Antonio