Since it works for the form, but not the wildcard action mapping, it might be an issue with the action mapper. Try using a non-wildcard mapping to see if it makes a difference.

/Ian

JBL wrote:
We have a link to a Struts 2 action that includes a URL parameter
(.../something_method.action?name=NAME), and the URL parameter is getting
lost -- it doesn't show up in the action, the request map (when we implement
RequestAware), the parameter map (when we implement ParameterAware), or a
custom interceptor we put at the top of the interceptor stack.

When we submit a form to the same action with the same parameter (<input
type="text" name="name" value="NAME"/>), it comes through just fine for both
maps (request and parameters), and ParametersInterceptor transfers the form
parameter values to the action just as you'd expect.

We've tried hard-coding the method name in struts.xml, figuring the wildcard
processor might chop off the request parameter; no luck. As early as we can
pick things out of the request cycle, the URL parameters appear to be gone.

struts.xml looks like:

<struts>
  <package name="..." namespace="..." extends="struts-default">
    <action name="something_*" class="...SomethingAction" method="{1}">
      <result>/WEB-INF/... .jsp</result>
    </action>
  </package>
</struts>

We're using Struts 2.0.8.

There's a similar question in the Struts 2 FAQs about the
ParametersInterceptor not setting values, but the answer there turns out to
be that your setter and getter have to use the same type. (See
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/faqs.html, in the Interceptors section.)

Ian Roughley has a handy book available as a free PDF on InfoQ.com
(http://www.infoq.com/minibooks/starting-struts2 - please forgive the plug);
it suggests on page 23 that you should be able to see URL parameters via the
ParametersInterceptor. Nothing I've seen elsewhere contradicts this, though
the ParametersInterceptor page
(http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/parameters-interceptor.html) says that it
would "typically" be used to apply form parameters to an action.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon