Grish wrote:
<s:url id="downloadUrl" action="download" namespace="/filedownload">
  <s:param name="inputPath" value="/images/test.gif" />
</s:url>
<s:a href="%{downloadUrl}">Get image</s:a>

So does this generate a link relative to your webapp of filedownload/download.action?inputPath=/images/test.gif

?

( note, ".action" could be ".do", ".html" or whatever you have that extension set to, apparently even "". (I may have to try that in my app...) )

If so, then the problem is somewhere between the receipt of the request and the handoff after the execute() method is run from the bean defined as fileDownloadAction. I leave it to you to trace through the process. Is the setter being called? In the execute method is there a value? Is it using the class you think it's using? You can specify a method (other than the default execute) if you'd like to put your checks there.

-Dale