On 8/7/07, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Then again, if I *really* had my druthers, I'd use DWR for everything on
> the back-end and pick best-of-breed widgets on the UI to construct my own
> client-side framework... the last project I did more or less did this,
> although we used S1 and not DWR, but it worked out tremendously well, so
> in my mind the approach is more than sound, it's close to ideal...
> standard enough that a decent developer can get up to speed quick, but
> custom enough to fit the problem domain like a glove.

+1

My team did our last project using the same sort of architecture, but
since the backend was on .NET, we used Jayrock instead of DWR. Works
great, and it also seems like the ideal mix to me. We had to roll our
own solution for the server-side validation and type conversion, but
we based that work on a chain of command, and it's layered so we can
reuse it with multiple front end applications.

-Ted.