Not sure what your feelings are, but I've noticed the showcase
application example uses the commons validator for validation.

Would it make more sense for the validation (what little there is in
that app) to be changed to use the Xworks validator, considering this is
what the Struts 2 documentation gives a tutorial on?

(I did notice that the mailreader app used the Xworks validator so maybe
this is just a way of showing multiple validation framework
possibilities?)

Dean.