Hi Rick,

DWR is highly useful for getting your pojos across to the client-side and back again.

Adam

Rick Reumann on 19/09/07 23:23, wrote:
Hey all, unfortunately I'm going to be stuck on a new project has to use
Struts1.1 - not that I'm against Struts it's just that I'd rather use
something less archaic like Struts2 -   We have to run on an old server(
Weblogic8.1), won't upgrade to java5, servletspec2.3/jsp1.2), have to use
offshore help, etc, they want to use struts1.1.  I'm prefacing it with that
because I'm looking for suggestions in dealing with several components that
are going to have to rely on using Ajax. I'd like to know some of your
recommendations. I've had great experience in the past with AjaxParts (
http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net/) and will probably use them again - but
being out of the front-end loop for a long time, I could be missing out on
some other ajax libraries that have come out recently.

Just a few caveats...

1) Has to run using some older specs (Java1.4, Servlet2.3/JSP1.2 )
2) I'd rather have easy to use and customize over a 'full featured gigantic
suite of components."

Thanks for any recommendations.