Make sure that the class that you have mapped to 'steptwo' has a
getter/setter for "previousaction"

Then, in your execute method (or whichever method you may have mapped in
your struts.xml file), you should be able to retrieve the values because
the setter(s) are called beforehand.

There are a few tutorials available online (including my own at
http://www.wantii.com/wordpress/?cat=3)

-W