We have a JSP that is the main navigation menu and it has a notion of RBAC so that the logged in user needs to be in a given role to see the different navigation items (the actions behind them respect the same roles as well, so we are not just hiding links).

The page loads extremely slowly, and I suspect it has something to do with the s:if tag.

Here is a code snippet example, we have about 12 if statements like the following:

<s:if test="%{(#isAdmin == true) or (#isScanner == true)}">

Where the isAdmin var is being set via a single call for each role (7 of them) at the top of the page with something like this:

<s:set name="isAdmin" value="% [EMAIL PROTECTED]@getRequest().isUserInRole ('Administrator')}"/>

Two main questions.

1) Is there something obvious I am doing 'wrong' (that would make it so slow). ?

2) Is there a way to optimize this any further?

Thanks,
Brian-