hi all,

Since I have a use-case where I can't use the JFreeChart plugin then ended up handling the writing and reading of the generated chart image files myself.

So my action implements ServletContextAware and using the function getRealPath("/") I can generate the png files with unique names (using an Id generator) and have them accessible to all my JSPs. Now this works but I know it is not the cleanest solution i.e. it is filling up my web app with temporary data ... is there any other place accessible to my JSP files that I can use? would that be ServletContext.getAttribute("javax.servlet.context.tempdir")?

TIA,
regards,
Giovanni